Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

OpenSuse 12.1 Installation Problems

sim0ne
2012-02-17
2012-11-18
  • sim0ne
    sim0ne
    2012-02-17

Hi! I'm trying to install SciDAVis on my OpenSuse 12.1 laptop. I've downloaded the 12.1 rpm version but I can't install because few libraries are missing. Even using pacman repository I can't solve the problem, because the program seems to be installed but when I try to open it I justa can see the starup logo and nothing happens.
    Is there someone that can give me and advice??
    Thanks

• Fellype
    Fellype
    2012-02-17

What libraries are missing?
    Please, try to start SciDAVis in a terminal window and post the output here.

• sim0ne
    sim0ne
    2012-02-17

The library problems during installation have been solved using the pacman repository, but the software doesn't work. i can only see the startup logo and nothing more:

Running from terminal I got:

scidavis: symbol lookup error: scidavis: undefined symbol: _ZN2mu10ParserBase10DefineOprtERKSsPFdddEjNS_18EOprtAssociativityEb

• Fellype
    Fellype
    2012-02-23

Ok. I think you are using muparser version 1.34 (or a newest one) and, unfortunately, SciDAVis doesn't work with this version. If possible, downgrade muparser to version 1.32.

Only for curiosity, try to edit the file ~/.config/SciDAVis/SciDAVis.conf , changing the option "ScriptingLang=muParser" to "ScriptingLang=Python"

• sim0ne
    sim0ne
    2012-02-23

downgrading muparse works.
    solved!
    thanks!!