Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Find Scheme symbol?

2010-05-09
2013-05-03
  • Hi,

I have Schemeway 1.3.0.alpha7 installed on Eclipse 3.5.2, and so far everything
    seems to work well, except that the Find Scheme Symbol dialog doesn't seem to work.
    If I go there and type some symbol then press OK, the dialog vanishes and no result
    is shown (nothing is highlighted in the code I was editing either).

Is this a bug or is there something I missed?

Thanks,
    - jp

• Do you see symbol names in the "Matching symbols:" list as you type? You have to select one of them prior to pressing OK. If there is no matching symbol, the dialog box will simply close.

Dominique

• Hm, no - there is nothing in the "Matching symbols" list in the dialog - it remains empty while I type.

• And of course you have some Scheme files in your workspace, right?

Let me package a new release to see if that fixes your problem.

-Dominique

• > Scheme files in your workspace

Hm, not really - I was editing a single file (File -> Open File). Maybe the search tool could also check the current open files?

• jp

• Well, it currently only indexes Scheme resources that are part of a project. When the plugin is first loaded, it scans all the Scheme resources for definitions. When a Scheme resources is later modified and saved, it is scanned again. The underlying Eclipse mechanism for tracking resource changes does not work with external files.

You could fill a feature request. It won't have high priority on my list, however. Sorry.