Jealous *.scm (Eclipse 3.3 + SchemeWay1.2.15)

Mihail T.
2007-11-04
2013-05-03
  • Mihail T.
    Mihail T.
    2007-11-04

Maybe I just don't understand something obvious?

The problem:
    My Eclipse don't want to start and hangs down if I close it with the editing file not ".scm". It seems not to depend on different views, but just on the file extension with which editing window I close Eclipse.
    If the it's ".scm", then everything is OK, and it starts! ;)

My system:
    Windows XP Professional SP2, jdk1.5.0_13, Eclipse 3.3.1 (Classic), SchemeWay 1.2.15
    I've just downloaded eclipse and the plugin. To be sure of.

Beginning of a sample log message:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2007-11-05 04:19:22.687
    !MESSAGE While loading class "kawa.standard.load", thread "Thread[main,6,main]" timed out waiting (5000ms) for thread "Thread[Worker-2,5,main]" to finish starting bundle "update@plugins/org.schemeway.plugins.schemescript_1.2.15/ [170]". To avoid deadlock, thread "Thread[main,6,main]" is proceeding but "kawa.standard.load" may not be fully initialized.
    !STACK 0
    org.osgi.framework.BundleException: State change in progress for bundle "update@plugins/org.schemeway.plugins.schemescript_1.2.15/" by thread "Worker-2".
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.beginStateChange(AbstractBundle.java:1141)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:258)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:400)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:111)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:417)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:189)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:340)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:408)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:369)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:357)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:83)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

What should I do?

PS: Thanks a lot for your effort. That's really great!
    But I want to use it normally. ;)

• Honesty, I don't know what is going on. I'll have to try it by myself.

Did you try starting eclipse with the "-clean" option? (You can only do that from the command-line, though). If you still have the same problem, let me know. I'll investigate this problem further.

Dominique