by Nikodemus Siivola
timeouts for WITH-MUTEX and WITH-RECURSIVE-LOCK
* Also support :WAIT-P in WITH-RECUSIVE-LOCK.
* Deprecate GET-MUTEX properly (been deprecated since early 2010, but didn't signal
* Make WITH-MUTEX signal a runtime error when :VALUE is used and is other
[af1b96] by Lutz Euler
Add a section about random number generation to the manual.
Document initial random state consistency, how to achieve or avoid
Move the docstring of SEED-RANDOM-STATE over from the "Miscellaneous
[11802a] by Nikodemus Siivola , pushed by Nikodemus Siivola
* Add "Deprecated Interfaces" chapter to the manual.
* Add list of deprecated interfaces along with a policy note to a
* Add a proper deprecation warning for SB-C::MERGE-TAIL-CALLS.
* Fix the deprecation warning for WITH-SPINLOCK. (Accidentally
[f0da2f] by Nikodemus Siivola
redesign exiting SBCL
Deprecate QUIT. It occupies an uncomfortable niche between processes
SIGTERM now uses EXIT, and doesn't depend on sessions.
WITH-DEADLINE (:SECONDS NIL :OVERRIDE T) can now be used to ignore
JOIN-THREAD on the main thread now blocks indefinitely instead of
* SB-EXT:EXIT. Always exits the process. Takes keywords :CODE,
* SB-THREAD:RETURN-FROM-THREAD. Normal termination for current
* SB-THREAD:ABORT-THREAD. Abnormal termination for current thread --
* SB-THREAD:MAIN-THREAD-P. Let's you determine if a given thread is
* SB-THREAD:MAIN-THREAD. Returns the main thread object. Convenient
[8a33bf] by Nikodemus Siivola
protect against read-time package-lock circumvention from LOCKED::(BAR)
Instead of binding *PACKAGE*, bind *READER-PACKAGE* which only
 by Nikodemus Siivola
add support for package::form-read-in-package syntax
sb-c::(csubtypep (specifier-type 'fixnum) (specifier-type 'integer))
Isn't that lovely? The superbly fantasic thing is that this even works
sb-c::(defun some-internal-bit ...)
causes a package lock violation since the current package is back to CL-USER
[b71b8d] by Nikodemus Siivola
extensible CAS and CAS extensions
DEFINE-CAS-EXPANDER and DEFCAS are analogous to DEFINE-SETF-EXPANDER and
(defun (cas foo) (old new ...) ...)
THis is exported from SB-EXT for users to play with, and used to implement
Add support for CAS of:
In case of SLOT-VALUE we don't yet support any optimizations or specify
(CAS SLOT-VALUE-USING-CLASS) &co
in order to support it for arbitrary instances.
Adding support for permutation vector optimization should not be too hard
[b85af7] by Nikodemus Siivola , pushed by Nikodemus Siivola
waiting for arbitrary events SB-EXT:WAIT-FOR
While using this to wait for other threads isn't good style,
And sometimes the event lives in the external world, in which case
(wait-for (probe-file pathname))
[77bb7c] by Paul Khuong
Optionally mark pages from cores as de-duplicatable
Linux supports optimistic virtual-memory-level de-duplication for
Very much experimental and a hack, but compressed cores would sometimes
Thanks to David Lichteblau for the idea.
[92e62a] by Nikodemus Siivola
export *USERINIT-PATHNAME-FUNCTION* and *SYSINIT-PATHNAME-FUNCTION*
I have no idea why I didn't do that in the first place.
[bf5163] by Nikodemus Siivola
A git-only SBCL workflow
This updates the SBCL build and release process to be more compatible
A detailed description of what is going on here is in
* Drop version.lisp-expr and branch-version.lisp-expr.
* Auto-generate the version at build time using information
* Update release.sh to work with Git.
* Make source-distribution.sh exclude the .git directory from tarballs.
* Release tags contain NEWS for that release.