[0c0d89] by Nikodemus Siivola
22.214.171.124: better handling of complex array types in fill-pointer ops
Derive the fact that the result of MAKE-ARRAY is (NOT SIMPLE-ARRAY)
Instead of DEFOPTIMIZERs asserting that various functions need a
Also remove a few of redundant typechecks: FILL-POINTER ->
[2d266d] by Nikodemus Siivola
126.96.36.199: workaround a Darwin nanosleep() bug
It turns out that on Darwin, if a nanosleep() call is interrupted,
Since we call nanosleep() again when it returns with EINTR with the
So, check that the remainder is not increasing before calling
Many, many thanks to Joe Lobraco who reported and diagnosed the
 by Nikodemus Siivola
188.8.131.52: style-warn users about READ-FROM-STRING &optional gotcha
Check -- at runtime if need be! -- if the EOF-ERROR-P argument to
Since the runtime check surprisingly has a measurable cost, add a
* signals the style-warning at compile-time.
* rewrites the call into required-args-only form.
Which actually nets us a 2% speedup... perhaps we should consider
[6e02a5] by Nikodemus Siivola
184.108.40.206: FD-STREAMS no longer hook into SERVE-EVENT by default
* SOCKET-MAKE-STREAM, and MAKE-FD-STREAM have new keyword
* Don't call SYSREAD-MAY-BLOCK-P at all unless we need to to handle
* Make WAIT-UNTIL-FD-USABLE use UNIX-SIMPLE-POLL instead of going
** Explicit requests to not serve events.
** Timeout 0.
** No other handlers and no periodic polling function.
* When FD-STREAM-SERVE-EVENTS is false but write returns EWOULDBLOCK,
* UNIX-SIMPLE-POLL uses poll() only on platforms where a build-time
[809bab] by Nikodemus Siivola
220.127.116.11: hack around *AUTO-EVAL-IN-FRAME* issues
When frame doesn't have sufficient debug information and
So, in those cases punt to regular EVAL instead -- which is the right
[6a5462] by Nikodemus Siivola
18.104.22.168: use more NAMED-LAMBDAs in PCL generated code
Previously backtraces and profiles showed eg.
(LAMBDA (.ARG0. .ARG1. .ARG2.))
for effective method functions, and
for slot typechecking functions.
Use NAMED-LAMBDA to name these sensibly:
(SLOT-TYPECHECK <class-name> <slot-name>)
[f42c13] by Nathan Froyd
22.214.171.124: micro-optimize x86 assembly comparison VOPs
No need to load the address of the assembly routine into a temporary
[2e511b] by Alastair Bridgewater
126.96.36.199: tests: Update :fails-on clause for a test
* Test dynamic-extent.impure.lisp / BUG-586105 expects that both
[46c787] by Alastair Bridgewater
188.8.131.52: threads: Consolidate thread-specific static symbols
* The x86, x86-64 and ppc backends all had the same three static
[b119de] by Alastair Bridgewater
184.108.40.206: ppc: Improve pseudo-atomic implementation
* The runtime (ppc-assem.S) used a shorter, more concise
* Both the compiler and the runtime used magic numbers in the