* Define MODULE-PROVIDE-ASDF &co unconditionally, not only when
$SBCL_BUILDING_CONTRIB is true, so our magic will happen even if the
.fasl has been nuked and we're loading from source.
* Add MODULE-PROVIDE-ASDF to the tail of *MODULE-PROVIDER-FUNCTIONS*, not
head, so that ASDF modules will not accidentally override REQUIRE of
* Add *SBCL-CONTRIB-REGISTRY* for contrib-modules and a corresponding
entry in *SYSTEM-DEFINITION-SEARCH-FUNCTIONS* to look first in there,
and only then in *CENTRAL-REGISTRY*.
* Move $SBCL_HOME/systems/ to the new contrib registry. This makes
behaviour of REQUIRE and ASDF:OOS (more) consistent.
* Add SB-EXT:LISP-HOMEDIR-PATHNAME as a shorthand for
(TRUENAME (POSIX-GETENV "SBCL_HOME")) with the bonus of having good
error messages for both error cases. Could be SB-INT too, but seems
nicer to expose this so that users can easily check "which SBCL am
I running on?"
Unless there are objections I'll merge this plus some additional
documentation around --say-- 15th of December, and sync ASDF with CCLAN
while at it.
-- Nikodemus Schemer: "Buddha is small, clean, and serious."
Lispnik: "Buddha is big, has hairy armpits, and laughs."