Update of /cvsroot/sbcl/sbcl
In directory sfp-cvsdas-3.v30.ch3.sourceforge.com:/tmp/cvs-serv25594
22.214.171.124: physenvanal: Treat all functions without XEPs as being D-X.
* In order for a function to be returned or passed as a parameter,
it must have an XEP.
* Functions without XEPs, therefore, can only be called directly
from within their lexical scope. They are, therefore,
* But wait, you say, they could be called from a closure that is
not dynamic-extent, which clearly shows such an analysis to be false.
* It turns out that this doesn't matter, because the non-dynamic-
extent closure also has to close over the variables passed to the
supposedly-dynamic-extent closure, and that will cause explicit
value-cells to be allocated anyway.
* So, it's a bit of an abuse to say that the functions have dynamic
extent, but it does no harm (and quite a bit of good) to treat them
as if they do.
RCS file: /cvsroot/sbcl/sbcl/version.lisp-expr,v
retrieving revision 1.5160
retrieving revision 1.5161
diff -u -d -r1.5160 -r1.5161
--- version.lisp-expr 21 Jan 2011 15:49:47 -0000 1.5160
+++ version.lisp-expr 21 Jan 2011 16:40:53 -0000 1.5161
@@ -20,4 +20,4 @@
;;; checkins which aren't released. (And occasionally for internal
;;; versions, especially for internal versions off the main CVS
;;; branch, it gets hairier, e.g. "0.pre7.14.flaky4.13".)