Update of /cvsroot/sbcl/sbcl
In directory fdv4jf1.ch3.sourceforge.com:/tmp/cvs-serv2681
22.214.171.124: small UCD optimizations and related cleanups
* Fix "optimization failure with anything using
SB-IMPL::UCD-GENERAL-CATEGORY" reported by Lynn Quam
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/sbcl/+bug/392206) and related
** Declare returns types of UCD accessors where it seems to matter.
** Make the character database a global variable, not special.
* Delete stale header comments from target-char.lisp: not just ASCII
for quite a while now.
* Delete references to fonts and bits from docstrings everywhere but
in CHAR-INT and canonicalize docstring indentation.
(The patch is a bit noisy because moving the definition of the
character database inside the macrolet messed up a whole bunch of
indentation -- sorry about that.)
RCS file: /cvsroot/sbcl/sbcl/NEWS,v
retrieving revision 1.1562
retrieving revision 1.1563
diff -u -d -r1.1562 -r1.1563
--- NEWS 27 Jun 2009 09:02:04 -0000 1.1562
+++ NEWS 28 Jun 2009 14:45:38 -0000 1.1563
@@ -24,6 +24,10 @@
* optimization: compiler now optimizes (EXPT -1 INTEGER), (EXPT -1.0 INTEGER),
and (EXPT -1.0d0 INTEGER) into an ODDP test. (thanks to Stas Boukarev and
+ * optimization: compiler is smarter about delegating argument type checks to
+ * optimization: several character functions are now compiled somewhat more
+ efficiently. (reported by Lynn Quam)
* improvement: less unsafe constant folding in floating point arithmetic,
especially for mixed complex/real -float operations.
* improvement: complex float division is slightly more stable.
@@ -32,8 +36,6 @@
* improvement: failure to provide requested stack allocation compiler notes
provided in all cases (requested stack allocation not happening without a
note being issued is now considered a bug.)
- * optimization: compiler is smarter about delegating argument type checks to
* bug fix: SB-POSIX exports the documented types and functions
FILE-DESCRIPTOR and FILENAME, and also the corresponding -DESCRIPTOR
types. (reported by "abhi")
RCS file: /cvsroot/sbcl/sbcl/version.lisp-expr,v
retrieving revision 1.4544
retrieving revision 1.4545
diff -u -d -r1.4544 -r1.4545
--- version.lisp-expr 28 Jun 2009 10:55:52 -0000 1.4544
+++ version.lisp-expr 28 Jun 2009 14:45:39 -0000 1.4545
@@ -17,4 +17,4 @@
;;; checkins which aren't released. (And occasionally for internal
;;; versions, especially for internal versions off the main CVS
;;; branch, it gets hairier, e.g. "0.pre7.14.flaky4.13".)