Just Launched: You can now import projects and releases from Google Code onto SourceForge
We are excited to release new functionality to enable a 1-click import from Google Code onto the Allura platform on SourceForge. You can import tickets, wikis, source, releases, and more with a few simple steps. Read More
From: Paul Khuong <pkhuong@us...> - 2009-06-26 16:54:24
Update of /cvsroot/sbcl/sbcl
In directory fdv4jf1.ch3.sourceforge.com:/tmp/cvs-serv31133
220.127.116.11: Floating point correctness improvement
* Don't perform constant folding for addition/subtraction of 0
or multiplication/division/exponentiation by +/- 1 on float
* Also operate on the imaginary part for generic addition and
subtraction with mixed complex/real arguments, as specified.
* Update NEWS for 10.29.44.
RCS file: /cvsroot/sbcl/sbcl/NEWS,v
retrieving revision 1.1559
retrieving revision 1.1560
diff -u -d -r1.1559 -r1.1560
--- NEWS 26 Jun 2009 15:56:09 -0000 1.1559
+++ NEWS 26 Jun 2009 16:54:18 -0000 1.1560
@@ -9,6 +9,10 @@
values in other threads.
* new feature: SB-INTROSPECT:ALLOCATION-INFORMATION provides information
about object allocation.
+ * optimization: more efficient complex float and real float operations
+ on x86-64.
+ * optimization: division of a real float by a complex float is implemented
+ with a specialised code sequence.
* optimization: MAKE-INSTANCE with non-constant class-argument but constant
keywords is an order of magnitude faster.
* optimization: MAKE-INSTANCE with constant keyword arguments is somewhat
@@ -20,6 +24,9 @@
* optimization: compiler now optimizes (EXPT -1 INTEGER), (EXPT -1.0 INTEGER),
and (EXPT -1.0d0 INTEGER) into an ODDP test. (thanks to Stas Boukarev and
+ * improvement: less unsafe constant folding in floating point arithmetic,
+ especially for mixed complex/real -float operations.
+ * improvement: complex float division is slightly more stable.
* improvement: DESCRIBE output has been reworked to be easier to read and
contains more pertinent information.
* improvement: failure to provide requested stack allocation compiler notes
RCS file: /cvsroot/sbcl/sbcl/version.lisp-expr,v
retrieving revision 1.4539
retrieving revision 1.4540
diff -u -d -r1.4539 -r1.4540
--- version.lisp-expr 26 Jun 2009 15:56:09 -0000 1.4539
+++ version.lisp-expr 26 Jun 2009 16:54:18 -0000 1.4540
@@ -17,4 +17,4 @@
;;; checkins which aren't released. (And occasionally for internal
;;; versions, especially for internal versions off the main CVS
;;; branch, it gets hairier, e.g. "0.pre7.14.flaky4.13".)