Just Launched: You can now import projects and releases from Google Code onto SourceForge
We are excited to release new functionality to enable a 1-click import from Google Code onto the Allura platform on SourceForge. You can import tickets, wikis, source, releases, and more with a few simple steps. Read More
Update of /cvsroot/sbcl/sbcl
In directory sc8-pr-cvs8.sourceforge.net:/tmp/cvs-serv16682
188.8.131.52: refactor "system locks" framework, one TIMER buglet
* Choose the degree of GC/interrupt suppression at compile-time.
* Default is not to allow interrupts at all, callers which need
WITH-INTERRUPTS to work can now specify :ALLOW-WITH-INTERRUPTS.
* Should fix reported Stumpwm crashes due to attempts to recursively
obtain *SCHEDULER-LOCK*. (Caused by SIGALRM interrupting GET-MUTEX
inside the call to %TIMER-CANCEL-FUNCTION, which led to recursive
entry to WITH-SCHEDULER-LOCK.)
* Don't reschedule timers for dead threads.
* Three new test-cases for timers, which (1) represent my failing
attempts to trigger the Stumpwm bug described above (2) led to
noticing the rescheduling promblem (3) fail horribly on OS X Tiger
-- not sure if this is our or Darwin's problem...
RCS file: /cvsroot/sbcl/sbcl/NEWS,v
retrieving revision 1.1315
retrieving revision 1.1316
diff -u -d -r1.1315 -r1.1316
--- NEWS 10 Mar 2008 18:49:17 -0000 1.1315
+++ NEWS 12 Mar 2008 18:32:44 -0000 1.1316
@@ -11,6 +11,9 @@
* optimization: modular arithmetic for a particular requested width
is implemented using a tagged representation unless a better
representation is available.
+ * bug fix: attempt to obtain *SCHEDULER-LOCK* recursively when
+ unscheduling timer at the same time as another timer fires.
+ * bug fix: don't reschedule timers for dead threads.
* bug fix: periodic polling was broken. (thanks to Espen S Johnsen)
* bug fix: copying output from RUN-PROGRAM to a stream signalled
bogus errors if select() was interrupted.
RCS file: /cvsroot/sbcl/sbcl/version.lisp-expr,v
retrieving revision 1.3890
retrieving revision 1.3891
diff -u -d -r1.3890 -r1.3891
--- version.lisp-expr 10 Mar 2008 19:26:15 -0000 1.3890
+++ version.lisp-expr 12 Mar 2008 18:32:44 -0000 1.3891
@@ -17,4 +17,4 @@
;;; checkins which aren't released. (And occasionally for internal
;;; versions, especially for internal versions off the main CVS
;;; branch, it gets hairier, e.g. "0.pre7.14.flaky4.13".)