Update of /cvsroot/sbcl/sbcl
In directory sc8-pr-cvs8.sourceforge.net:/tmp/cvs-serv29263
184.108.40.206: more README touchups
* Texinfo, not DocBook since late 2004. :) We're fast on things
* HTML available for download, not part of the normal binary
* Mention BUGS.
* PURIFY doesn't happen on x86 Darwins, and I've never had to touch
the limits on PPC either -- so delete that bit.
RCS file: /cvsroot/sbcl/sbcl/README,v
retrieving revision 1.6
retrieving revision 1.7
diff -u -d -r1.6 -r1.7
--- README 10 Jan 2008 15:54:04 -0000 1.6
+++ README 14 Jan 2008 12:22:11 -0000 1.7
@@ -11,13 +11,14 @@
If you'd like more information about using the system, see the man
page, "sbcl.1", or the user manual in the "doc/" subdirectory of the
-distribution. (The user manual is maintained as DocBook SGML in the
-source distribution; there is an HTML version in the binary
+distribution. (The user manual is maintained as Texinfo in the source
+distribution; HTML version is available for download.)
The system is a work in progress. See the "TODO" file in the source
distribution for some highlights.
+The "BUGS" file lists current known bugs.
If you'd like to make suggestions, report a bug, or help to improve the
system, please send mail to one of the mailing lists:
@@ -43,13 +44,3 @@
is just allocating this huge address space, not actually using this
huge memory at this point. OpenBSD <3.0 had no problem with this,
but OpenBSD 3.0 is less hospitable.)
- PURIFY (which can be used alone but is also used by the system when
- saving a new core) uses more stack than the default limit on MacOS
- X.2. Therefore, in order to get PURIFY to work reliably, you need
- to increase the limit, with e.g.
- limit stack 8192 # for the default shell, tcsh
- ulimit -s 8192 # for bash
- before running SBCL. This is also necessary when building the system
- from sources, as part of the build process involves saving a new core.
RCS file: /cvsroot/sbcl/sbcl/version.lisp-expr,v
retrieving revision 1.3804
retrieving revision 1.3805
diff -u -d -r1.3804 -r1.3805
--- version.lisp-expr 14 Jan 2008 12:05:32 -0000 1.3804
+++ version.lisp-expr 14 Jan 2008 12:22:11 -0000 1.3805
@@ -17,4 +17,4 @@
;;; checkins which aren't released. (And occasionally for internal
;;; versions, especially for internal versions off the main CVS
;;; branch, it gets hairier, e.g. "0.pre7.14.flaky4.13".)