From: Juho Snellman <jsnell@us...> - 2007-12-10 04:40:38
Update of /cvsroot/sbcl/sbcl
In directory sc8-pr-cvs8.sourceforge.net:/tmp/cvs-serv26463
184.108.40.206: Optimize READ-SEQUENCE into strings and READ-LINE
* Have READ-LINE and READ-SEQUENCE directly use the cin buffer whenever
one exists, instead of going through FAST-READ-CHAR. READ-LINE already
did this in some circumstances, but often .
* READ-LINE on normal data with short lines is around 50% faster, with
abnormally long lines about 75% faster. (On my laptop -- IIRC the
difference was smaller on a workstation).
* READ-SEQUENCE into a simple string is up to 80% faster.
* Modify FAST-READ-CHAR-REFILL a bit to make it nicer to use in the
* Fix a utf-8 resyncing bug in READ-LINE (masked by the test case
in external-format.impure not having a newline at the end, which
caused READ-LINE to always take the slow path).
RCS file: /cvsroot/sbcl/sbcl/version.lisp-expr,v
retrieving revision 1.3752
retrieving revision 1.3753
diff -u -d -r1.3752 -r1.3753
--- version.lisp-expr 9 Dec 2007 18:11:51 -0000 1.3752
+++ version.lisp-expr 10 Dec 2007 04:40:34 -0000 1.3753
@@ -17,4 +17,4 @@
;;; checkins which aren't released. (And occasionally for internal
;;; versions, especially for internal versions off the main CVS
;;; branch, it gets hairier, e.g. "0.pre7.14.flaky4.13".)