Update of /cvsroot/sbcl/sbcl
In directory sc8-pr-cvs8.sourceforge.net:/tmp/cvs-serv9343
188.8.131.52: NEWS editing
* Hash-table functions aren't quite interrupt safe yet, aka brutal honesty.
* Missing dots.
RCS file: /cvsroot/sbcl/sbcl/NEWS,v
retrieving revision 1.1185
retrieving revision 1.1186
diff -u -d -r1.1185 -r1.1186
--- NEWS 20 Apr 2007 05:19:48 -0000 1.1185
+++ NEWS 25 Apr 2007 10:07:23 -0000 1.1186
@@ -20,9 +20,9 @@
their NOT- variants no longer cons.
* optimization: EQUAL hash tables no longer use SXHASH for objects
of all data types, but instead use an EQL hash for types for which
- EQUAL is the same as EQL
+ EQUAL is the same as EQL.
* optimization: the non-inlined generic versions of AREF and (SETF AREF)
- are significantly faster
+ are significantly faster.
* optimization: new STRING-OUTPUT-STREAM implementation is much
faster for large outputs and conses 30% less on average.
* enhancement: XREF information is now collected for references made
@@ -49,25 +49,25 @@
line in a file is unlimited.
* bug fix: some GC deadlocks caused by asynchronous interrupts have
been fixed by inhibiting interrupts for when GC is disbled.
- * bug fix: GETHASH, (SETF GETHASH), CLRHASH and REMHASH are now
- interrupt safe.
+ * bug fix: some interrupt safety issues with GETHASH, (SETF
+ GETHASH), CLRHASH and REMHASH have been fixed.
* bug fix: binding *BREAK-ON-SIGNALS* to a value that is not a type
specifier no longer causes infinite recursion.
* bug fix: SB-EXT:MUFFLE-CONDITIONS declarations no longer trigger a
- bogus warning in DEFMETHOD bodies (reported by Kevin Reid)
+ bogus warning in DEFMETHOD bodies. (reported by Kevin Reid)
* bug fix: an &environment argument with the correct variable information
- is passed to macros that are expanded during byte compilation
+ is passed to macros that are expanded during byte compilation.
(reported by Samium Gromoff)
* bug fix: a logic error was causing the hash function for bignums to
- have excessive amounts of collisions (reported by FarÃ© Rideau)
+ have excessive amounts of collisions. (reported by FarÃ© Rideau)
* bug fix: modifying the contents of an array could change the return
value of SXHASH on that array, which is only allowed for strings
- and bit vectors (bug introduced in 0.9.16)
+ and bit vectors. (bug introduced in 0.9.16)
* improvement: the x86-64/darwin port now passes all tests (except
for the debugger tests) but should still be considered
experimental until this is fixed.
* improvement: a style-warning is signaled for CASE (etc) clauses with
- duplicate keys (thanks to Kevin Reid)
+ duplicate keys. (thanks to Kevin Reid)
* improvement: macos/x86 and macos/x86-64 now use mach exception
handlers for dealing with illegal instructions (for trapping and
error handling) and memory protection violations (for GC).
RCS file: /cvsroot/sbcl/sbcl/version.lisp-expr,v
retrieving revision 1.3365
retrieving revision 1.3366
diff -u -d -r1.3365 -r1.3366
--- version.lisp-expr 24 Apr 2007 15:38:59 -0000 1.3365
+++ version.lisp-expr 25 Apr 2007 10:07:23 -0000 1.3366
@@ -17,4 +17,4 @@
;;; checkins which aren't released. (And occasionally for internal
;;; versions, especially for internal versions off the main CVS
;;; branch, it gets hairier, e.g. "0.pre7.14.flaky4.13".)