Update of /cvsroot/sbcl/sbcl
In directory sc8-pr-cvs1.sourceforge.net:/tmp/cvs-serv3114
Dan's GC fragmentation fix
... & BOXED_REGION
... it builds, builds itself, doesn't break on PFD's tests;
that's good enough for me :-)
... I think I've summarized the "bug fix" right in NEWS, but
do correct if not.
RCS file: /cvsroot/sbcl/sbcl/version.lisp-expr,v
retrieving revision 1.1436
retrieving revision 1.1437
diff -u -d -r1.1436 -r1.1437
--- version.lisp-expr 20 Jan 2004 18:24:02 -0000 1.1436
+++ version.lisp-expr 23 Jan 2004 16:52:28 -0000 1.1437
@@ -17,4 +17,4 @@
;;; checkins which aren't released. (And occasionally for internal
;;; versions, especially for internal versions off the main CVS
;;; branch, it gets hairier, e.g. "0.pre7.14.flaky4.13".)
RCS file: /cvsroot/sbcl/sbcl/NEWS,v
retrieving revision 1.468
retrieving revision 1.469
diff -u -d -r1.468 -r1.469
--- NEWS 20 Jan 2004 18:24:02 -0000 1.468
+++ NEWS 23 Jan 2004 16:53:54 -0000 1.469
@@ -2237,15 +2237,19 @@
* bug fix: DECODE-UNIVERSAL-TIME now accepts timezone arguments with
second-resolution: integer multiples of 1/3600 between -24 and 24.
(thanks to Vincent Arkesteijn)
+ * bug fix: functions =, /=, <, <=, >, >= did not check the argument
+ type when called with 1 argument; PEEK-CHAR checked type of
+ PEEK-TYPE only after having read first character from a
+ stream. (reported by Peter Graves)
+ * bug fix: the garbage collector now has much better locality
+ behaviour, and in particular no longer treats all memory as being
+ exhausted when many small objects point to each other in a deeply
+ recursive manner.
* optimization: implemented multiplication as a modular
(UNSIGNED-BYTE 32) operation on the x86 backend.
* optimization: SEARCH on simple-base-strings can now be open-coded.
(see also contrib/compiler-extras.lisp for inspiration for
teaching the compiler about the Boyer-Moore algorithm).
- * bug fix: functions =, /=, <, <=, >, >= did not check the argument
- type when called with 1 argument; PEEK-CHAR checked type of
- PEEK-TYPE only after having read first character from a
- stream. (reported by Peter Graves)
* fixed some bugs revealed by Paul Dietz' test suite:
** in stack analysis liveness information is propagated from
non-local entry points.