Just Launched: You can now import projects and releases from Google Code onto SourceForge
We are excited to release new functionality to enable a 1-click import from Google Code onto the Allura platform on SourceForge. You can import tickets, wikis, source, releases, and more with a few simple steps. Read More
It should be available on your favorite SourceForge venue now.
>From the NEWS file in the distribution:
changes in sbcl-1.0.8 relative to sbcl-1.0.7:
* enhancement: experimental macro SB-EXT:COMPARE-AND-SWAP provides
atomic compare-and-swap operations on threaded platforms.
* enhancement: experimental function SB-EXT:RESTRICT-COMPILER-POLICY
allows assining a global minimum value to optimization qualities
(overriding proclamations and declarations).
* enhancement: closed over variables can be stack-allocated on x86
* performance bug fix: GETHASH and (SETF GETHASH) are once again
* optimization: slot definition lookup is now O(1). This speeds up
eg. SLOT-VALUE and (SETF SLOT-VALUE) with variable slot names.
* optimization: STRING-TO-OCTETS is now up to 60% faster for UTF-8.
* optimization: ASSOC and MEMBER can now be open-coded for all
combinations of keyword arguments when second argument is constant
and SPEED >= SPACE. In other cases a specialized version is
* bug fix: using obsoleted structure instances with TYPEP and
generic functions now signals a sensible error.
* bug fix: threads waiting on GET-FOREGROUND can be interrupted.
(reported by Kristoffer Kvello)
* bug fix: backtrace construction is now more careful when making
lisp-objects from pointers on the stack, to avoid creating bogus
objects that can be seen by the GC.
* bug fix: defaulting of values in contexts expecting more than 7
variables now works on x86-64. (reported by Christopher Laux)
* bug fix: modifications to packages (INTERN, EXPORT, etc) are now
* bug fix: (SETF SYMBOL-PLIST) no longer allows assigning a non-list
as the property-list of a symbol.
* bug fix: DEFMETHOD forms with CALL-NEXT-METHOD in the method body,
in EVAL-WHEN forms with both :COMPILE-TOPLEVEL and :LOAD-TOPLEVEL
situations requested, are once again file-compileable. (reported
by Sascha Wilde)
William Harold Newman <william.newman@...>
PGP key fingerprint 85 CE 1C BA 79 8D 51 8C B9 25 FB EE E0 C3 E5 7C
[It] fell dead-born from the press, without reaching such distinction
as even to excite a murmur among the zealots. But being naturally of
a cheerful and sanguine temper, I soon recovered from the blow and
prosecuted with great ardour my studies in the country.
-- David Hume, re. reaction to _A Treatise of Human Nature_