Just Launched: You can now import projects and releases from Google Code onto SourceForge
We are excited to release new functionality to enable a 1-click import from Google Code onto the Allura platform on SourceForge. You can import tickets, wikis, source, releases, and more with a few simple steps. Read More
From: William Harold Newman <william.newman@ai...> - 2005-11-28 18:56:09
The sources are now available in CVS and on the SourceForge File
Releases page. Enjoy.
from the NEWS file in the distribution:
changes in sbcl-0.9.7 relative to sbcl-0.9.6:
* minor incompatible change: (SETF CLASS-NAME) and (SETF
GENERIC-FUNCTION-NAME) are no longer generic functions, and
therefore are not customizeable by user code (as seems to be at
least permitted and maybe required by AMOP). As a consolation,
however, the SBCL implementation of these functions now calls
REINITIALIZE-INSTANCE as specified by AMOP.
* bug fix: slot-definition documentation is propagated as per ANSI
7.6.2 to EFFECTIVE-SLOT-DEFINITIONS.
COMPUTE-EFFECTIVE-SLOT-DEFINITION now receives a :DOCUMENTATION
argument, as do eslotd initialization methods. (from Pascal
Costanza's "Closer" project)
* bug fix: REINITIALIZE-INSTANCE on generic functions calls
COMPUTE-DISCRIMINATING-FUNCTION (almost) unconditionally, as
specified by AMOP.
* bug fix: it is now possible to have more than one subclass of
STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION without causing stack overflow.
(reported by Bruno Haible, Pascal Costanza and others)
* bug fix: the dependent update protocol now works for generic
functions. (thanks to Gerd Moellmann; reported by Bruno Haible
and Pascal Costanza)
* bug fix: condition-class instances corresponding to
DEFINE-CONDITION forms are now created eagerly. (reported by
Kalle Olavi Niemitalo on comp.lang.lisp)
* bug fix: floating point printing is more accurate in some
circumstances. (thanks to Simon Alexander)
* bug fix: *COMPILE-FILE-PATHNAME* now contains the user's pathname
merged with *DEFAULT-PATHNAME-DEFAULTS*.
* bug fix: callbacks on OS X now preserve stack-alignment.
(thanks to Cyrus Harmon)
* enhancement: the x86-64 disassembler is much better at
disassembling SSE instructions. (thanks to Lutz Euler)
* enhancement: CHECK-TYPE on a variable now allows type-inference
(thanks to Vincent Arkesteijn)
* optimization: improved performance of EUC-JP external format.
(thanks to NIIMI Satoshi)
* optimization: performance improvements to IO on file streams of
* optimization: much faster memory allocation on x86-64
* optimization: faster garbage collections (latency and throughput)
* optimization: faster bignum subtraction and division on x86 and x86-64
(thanks to Lutz Euler)
* optimization: more accurate type-inference for loops that use a
floating point index variable or a negative step.
William Harold Newman <william.newman@...>
PGP key fingerprint 85 CE 1C BA 79 8D 51 8C B9 25 FB EE E0 C3 E5 7C
Ubi saeva indignatio ulterius cor lacerare nequit. -- Jonathan Swift's epitaph