Thank you for the comments on my supposed bug. I had hoped you could
have been spared the exercise of pointing my problem, but maybe the
message I sent was not received. I'll try to be more observant in
the future and not send in my typos as bugs. I placed my return
message at the bottom of this message.
I do, however, have a gripe with the sbcl compiler. The fact that
the faulty code would compile even though it had errors is
bothersome. I'm currently using sbcl-1.1.8 on a 64-bit Linux
platform, but I had sbcl-1.1.7 installed just previously and it also
compiled the faulty code. Maybe my error is not a common error, but
it seems some checks should be made for such silliness in case a
dummy like me should happen along again.
I spent a long time looking for the problem in that lisp file and I
continually overlooked that misplaced right-paren. It was only after
I noticed in one of the back trace items of the debugger that those
two errant slots were located separately from the other slots that I
got the clue to look at why that was so. I moved the paren from its
bad location to its proper location and the problem was solved.
If there were proper checks in the compiler, all of my time spent
looking for the problem would have been saved as well as the time
you guys spent in pointing out my typo.
That's the end of my rant, so now I'll go away and be quiet.
Thanks again for taking the time to look at my supposed bug,
-------- Original Message --------
On 06/15/2013 08:48 AM, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> Your mail to 'Sbcl-bugs' with the subject
> I'm uncertain if this is a bug or just something I'm doing
> Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.
> The reason it is being held:
> Post by non-member to a members-only list
> Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive
> notification of the moderator's decision. If you would like to cancel
> this posting, please visit the following URL:
Hello Sbcl-bugs list,
Please disregard my original message on this subject. I discovered MY
error (which was a long un-noticed typo) in the class definition. I
don't know when I'll get past making those kinds of errors, but I'll
keep trying to improve.