Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Willing to translate Sayz Me

Hugo V.
2006-12-17
2013-04-11
  • Hugo V.
    Hugo V.
    2006-12-17

Hello,

I am willing to translate Sayz Me into French (my native language) if you are interested. I tried all I could find as open-source TTS (including pretty much all the list from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speech_synthesis\) and I have to say your software is the only open source one that's user-friendly. I like it!

Here are some suggestions to improve Sayz Me :

--> enable text to MP3 (I know, people talked to you about this before)

--> enable support for newer voices, which are called SAP5 or something like that (I know, people talked to you about this before)

--> enable support for open source voices (there are some open source voices I found here : http://tcts.fpms.ac.be/synthesis/mbrola.html\)

--> make very long files seem to be readable with Sayz Me when I another voice (i.e. French) is selected, for now a few hundred pages doesn't work

--> enable select all (CTRL + A)

--> create a "stop" button so it is possible to restart reading from the beginning

--> paragraphs are separated by "--". Instead of just reading a new paragraph, my French voices say "trait d'union", which translates as "hyphen" in English

--> translation into French (I can help you with that!)

Hugo V.

My email : hiogui address [AT> gmail.com

• Hugo V.
      Hugo V.
      2006-12-17

Two part of my email are illegible :

--> make very long files seem to be readable with Sayz Me when I another voice (i.e. French) is selected, for now a few hundred pages doesn't work

--> My email : hiogui address [AT> gmail.com

Here is what you should read :

--> make very long files readable with Sayz Me when another voice than the English one is selected (i.e. French), for now a few hundred pages doesn't work with anything else than the English voices I tried

--> My email : hiogui [AT> gmail.com

Hugo V.