New error, same code

2004-10-08
2013-04-25
  • I went to run some code a day or so ago and received the following error:

    A first chance exception of type 'java.lang.ClassNotFoundException' occurred in ikvm.gnu.classpath.dll

    Additional information: gnu/regexp/MessagesBundle

    This happens in the following code on the second line:

        net.sf.saxon.Configuration config = new net.sf.saxon.Configuration();
    -->    StaticQueryContext staticContext = new StaticQueryContext(config);

    This code worked just fine over a week ago and I have not changed it.

    Any ideas?

    I even tried going back from the beta 4 to the july version, but nothing makes any difference.

    Thanks,
    Richard

     
    • Pieter Siegers
      Pieter Siegers
      2004-10-08

      Hi Richard,

      hm - your code fragment looks good... tell you what, I'm going to upload the app like it is right now and update it as I finish some details.

      Expect it to be there before noon (time zone here is GMT-6).

      Cheers,
      <prs/>

       
    • Thanks so much for the updated example app, it is very helpful.

      I am still running into the same problem though. I have made even set up my "Using" statements exactly like the  ones in the example app, both in what is included and the order. The only difference is that my app is a windows forms app.

      Again, this was working just fine before. When I run the example app it works, though I have had problems opening it in VS.NET.

      The code in question is at:
      http://paste.plone.org/1690

      An Ideas?

      Thanks again for your hard work and help,

      Richard

       
    • OK,

      Here is an interesting twist.

      If I go ahead and plow through the obove mentioned error, which is followed by many of the same just diferent libraries, It finaly runs fine. Then, while the app is still running, it workes with out a hitch, no more errors. Always the same the first time that code is run.

      Sample of other errors, each one happens exactly three times before moving on to the next, all on the same line:

      Could not find a part of the path "C:\xerces\xerces-2_0_1\xercesImpl.jar".
      Could not find a part of the path "C:\xerces\xerces-2_0_1\xercesImpl.jar".
      Could not find a part of the path "C:\xerces\xerces-2_0_1\xmlParserAPIs.jar".
      Could not find a part of the path "C:\InetSoft\StyleReportEE\design_pro.jar".
      Could not find a part of the path "C:\InetSoft\StyleReportEE\etools.jar".
      Could not find a part of the path "C:\InetSoft\StyleReportEE\sree_pro.jar".
      Could not find a part of the path "C:\tomcat\webapps\sree\WEB-INF\classes".
      Could not find a part of the path "C:\rhino\rhino1_5R3\js.jar".

       
    • Pieter Siegers
      Pieter Siegers
      2004-10-11

      Richard,

      those are all errors related to files not being in their right place.

      Since you're using a Windows Forms Application, you should be able to use the Web Application but you'll need to copy the dlls that are in the project's bin subdirectory to your bin subdir. Please do copy them in there and reference only to those dlls and nothing else.

      We're changing dll builds every release so you can't point to another set of dlls - that just won't work.

      So I suggest you make clean ship, create a new  Forms App, copy the dlls into the bin subdir, then copy the parts of the code bit by bit - first using, then button procedures, and then the rest of the procedures. I repeat - do not copy or reference to any other piece of code.

      Let me know if this helps.
      Cheers,
      <prs/>