I had the same problem with a newwer xerces version, but I used simply the
working one because I didn't had real
access to the Tomcat. But I would like to have a solution. So first you
should set up a higher debug level, e.g. 99 for all
configuration components. Then you have to configure a context entry for
your context in server.xml to get all debug options:
<Context path="/BP" docBase="BP" cookies="true" debug="99"
forwardAll="false" append="true" />
directory="logs" prefix="BP_log." suffix=".txt"
My assumption is that it is a problem with the different classloaders for
the server and the apps and the special treatment of xml parsers.
With the configuration above you should get more log information.