I’d suggest you keep the namespace parameter… And if you want to simplify things, keep it as a third argument that defaults to no namespace – You’re simplifying things without losing any flexibility.

 

From: O'Neil Delpratt [mailto:oneil@saxonica.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2014 1:34 PM
To: Mailing list for the SAXON XSLT and XQuery processor
Subject: Re: [saxon] Saxon/C PHP API setParameter

 

 

On 12 Jun 2014, at 11:10, Christian Schwaderer <c_schwaderer@hotmail.com> wrote:



It works now for me, but only if I add the empty parameter value '' in setParameter like
$proc->setParameter('','name_as_string',$just_created_XdmValue);

So, what is this strange first parameter of setParameter?

 

The first parameter is there to provide the namespace, but it is not actually used. Initially we tried to design the API of Saxon/C inline with libxslt (i.e. http://www.php.net/manual/en/xsltprocessor.setparameter.php), but the problem is libxslt is a XSLT 1.0 processor which will not suffice a XSLT 2.0 processor, so we have had to rethink on several of the design decisions.

 

Incidentally, I have dropped the namespace parameter from the next release because it is not used, but we might reintroduce it later if required.

 

kind regards,

 

-------------------------------
O'Neil Delpratt
Software Developer, Saxonica Limited Email: oneil@saxonica.com
Tel: +44 118 946 5894
Web: http://www.saxonica.com
Saxonica Community site: http://dev.saxonica.com
Bug tracking site: https://saxonica.plan.io/