Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

GUI For Saxon 9.002

Help
pvallone
2008-01-30
2012-10-08
  • pvallone
    pvallone
    2008-01-30

Hello,

To help speed up testing of some XML projects I've created a very simple (but effective) VB.NET application for SAXON .net and SAXON9api. This is similar to Kernows, but allows the use of any version of Saxon .net (9, 9.002 etc...) and I am able to load saved configurations.

Does the free version on SAXON .net or the Saxon9API allow for XML schema validation? I wanted to add this feature.
    If not I am stuck with the system.schema library which I've already run into issues with.

Thanks,
    pvallone

• Michael Kay
      Michael Kay
      2008-01-30

Your tool sounds useful, I look forward to seeing it.

The Saxon.Api assembly contains all the classes and methods needed to invoke schema validation, but they won't actually work unless Saxon-SA (and a license key) are installed.

Michael Kay

• pvallone
        pvallone
        2008-02-01

Hi,

It would be an honor to have you look at it.

Until I buy the SA version of SAXON, I am using the XMLspy API for validation, which I discovered yesterday. I really wanted to keep it 100% SAXON, as I find its the only true 100% XSLT 2.0 compliant processor (well, at least I think it is).

I should have the beta completed by this weekend. I need to remove the customized options I created and make it more generalized.

If you would like, I can email you the link.

Regards,

pvallone