From: David <david.baelde@en...> - 2008-06-19 13:09:39
Dear Savonet users, developers and friends,
It is my pleasure to announce the release of liquidsoap 0.3.7 (which
should soon be declared the new stable version), together with new
versions of most of our libraries. This new row of releases includes a
lot of bugfixes, some internal cleanup as well as some optimizations,
but also several nice new features:
- more self-documentation, a new HTML doc and a new website;
- harbor is now fully usable, and indeed used in production;
- metadata is now better handled by taglib
- more playlist formats;
- use of MIME types when possible;
- new Jack support that actually works (but isn't so realtime);
- liq is now an official Last.FM client, support streams, files
- perfected daemon behaviour;
- special features from output.file.vorbis brought to mp3 and wav;
- more flexible metadata manipulation in scripts with map_metadata();
- dynamic amplification factor in amplify(), e.g. used for replaygain;
More important than the release, I also have the pleasure to invite you
to a Savonet pub meeting:
On July 16th, in a pub in Paris (probably in the center, TBA)
We would be delighted to meet some of you for the first time, and just
spend a nice evening with people that we don't meet that often. As we
might have guessed, the goal is of course not to talk only about audio
streaming and programming languages ;)
But there's another good news. Liquidsoap has also recently won the
CR@... innovation award, as most of you probably already now. We used the
first half of the money (700€) to treat us devs with a good restaurant.
Now, the second half will be spent in free beer for all of you at the
pub meeting -- I don't expect a furious crowd, but let's precise that
beer (or any drink actually) will be free as long as there will be some
Savonet money left...
We hope to see many of you soon,
David for Savonet
From: David Baelde <david.baelde@en...> - 2008-07-04 18:15:44
I hope you haven't forgotten the Savonet free beer on Wednesday 16th.
I now announce that it will take place:
At the Corcoran Irish Pub (28 rue Saint André des Arts, 75006 Paris,
Around 8 or 9pm...
Now, I'd like to check that most of you can't come, just to make sure
that I don't need to call the pub ahead to announce hundreds of geek
that evening... So please, if you want to come and don't know that I
know it, drop me a mail.
From: David Baelde <david.baelde@en...> - 2008-07-15 14:25:36
A last mail from me about the Savonet pub, confirming and reminding
you that it will be *tomorrow*:
* July 16th, starting 8pm.
* At the Corcoran Irish Pub
(28 rue Saint André des Arts, 75006 Paris, M° Saint-Michel)
It shouldn't be hard to find a group of around twenty people, from
Savonet, Dolebraï and a couple friends from british, belgium and
french radios (or just curious people). Just don't forget to also
check in the room downstairs.