Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Work finally starts again!

2009-06-06
2013-03-23
  • Hello!

I don't know how many of you are still listening to this forum but I hope there are still a few!

I had intended to commence work three years ago, but life and study got in the way!

You may have noticed I made a few small administrative changes to the Salstat project site, and have converted the CVS over to SVN. I did not do a full history conversion so the SVN represents the codebase as at when Alan ceased work. The CVS is still there but I have made it read-only.

As part of my Bachelor of Information Technology, I have received permission to base my final year project on Salstat. Exactly what changes will happen are still to be confirmed, but I will let you know as soon as the project milestones are decided! 

I have some minor manual changes to do in the immediate future. I also want to get Salstat working with the 2.6 versions of Python and current wxWidgets / wxPython versions. I have given review copies of Salstat Windows version to two world class Griffith University Medical Science School researchers (one of whom will almost certainly be the "Client" for the project I am commencing. They will be having a look at Salstat and advising what needs to be done to it to bring it up to date. I also plan to have it reviewed by practitioners of statistics outside of the Medical Science area. 

If you are still listening Alan, please get in touch. I would love to have further chats. I have emailed you at the 3-4 email addresses I have but I believe you have moved somewhat nearer to me!

I have disabled write access to the codebase for all past developers but can enable it again if I hear from you!

Cheers,

MarkL

• Hello!

Updating work is well underway. I am using the current versions of wxPython and Numpy and Python 2.5. At present I have the grid and output window showing (but not much else.)

I will shortly commit my Work In Progress and then get back to work :-D

Cheers,

MarkL

• Hello!

The SVN image is probably at a similar state as when you last released except it now works with current wxWidgets and Numpy. I have been using Python 2.5 as it is the Mac OS X version and most Linux too.

I would really appreciate people downloading the image and having a play with it. It will probably be 4-6 weeks before I have much time to devote back to it. Please open bug reports so nothing gets forgotten!

Cheers,

MarkL