Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Extracting coordinates from shape point??

User Forum
Graham
2012-09-08
2012-09-09
  • Graham
    Graham
    2012-09-08

hi I am a beginner of saga. can someone tell me how i can extract the X Y coordinates from shape point??? I was looking for a module of converting point to table but cannot find it.

thanks in advance.

graham

• Mihai Niculita
    Mihai Niculita
    2012-09-08

Hi,

You can use Import/Export - Shapes module and Export Shapes to XYZ function to create from a shapefile an text file containing the x and y coordinates, plus z and other attributes.

Cheers,
    Mihai

• Jan Helebrant
    Jan Helebrant
    2012-09-08

Hi,
    there is a module for adding coordinates to shapes. Just go to Modules/Shapes/Points/Add coordinates to points - it should add columns with coordinates to your shapefile and you can get is as table when you open the DBF file (if you have a shapefile layer it consists of more files including a DBF table) in some spreadsheet like LibreOffice Calc or MS Excel. :-)

• Graham
    Graham
    2012-09-09

thanks a lot. i tried the Add coordinates to points method but it does not seem to work. the export shapes to XYZ works. thanks a lot !

graham