new install sndcsd doesn't start

Help
Trelos
2007-06-29
2013-04-29
  • Trelos
    Trelos
    2007-06-29

I did a brand new install of SaberNet DCS on a windows machine using all the latest versions of the various depedencies needed. Python 2.5, Pyro 3.7, Webware 0.9.3, mySQL 5.0.41 etc...

All of the installation scripts ran fine with no errors for any of the individual packages.
    However when I go to start sndcsd I get an error. I can manually start Webware, Pyro (es and ns) with no problems.

The output that I get when I try to start sndcsd is below:

C:\Python25\Scripts>python sndcsd
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "sndcsd", line 10, in <module>
        from sndcs.server.NameServer import NameServer
      File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\sndcs\__init__.py", line 2, in <module>
        from sndcs.Config import config
      File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\sndcs\Config.py", line 3, in <module>
        from sndcs_common.Config import Config
      File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\sndcs_common\Config.py", line 6, in <modul
    e>
        from sndcs_common.Logger import logger
      File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\sndcs_common\Logger.py", line 28, in <modu
    le>
        logger = Logger()
      File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\sndcs_common\Logger.py", line 23, in __ini
    t__
        logging.config.fileConfig(self.config_file)
      File "C:\Python25\lib\logging\config.py", line 84, in fileConfig
        handlers = _install_handlers(cp, formatters)
      File "C:\Python25\lib\logging\config.py", line 143, in _install_handlers
        klass = cp.get(sectname, "class")
      File "C:\Python25\lib\ConfigParser.py", line 511, in get
        raise NoSectionError(section)
    ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'handler_NT'

My sndcsd.conf file seems to have all correct information for my machine/database. Any ideas?

• Seth Remington
      Seth Remington
      2007-07-12

Edit the logging.conf file and remove the 'NT' reference from the [handlers] / keys parameter like so:

[handlers]
      #keys=console,file,rotating_file,timed_rotating_file,syslog,NT,SMTP  <--- commented out
      keys=console,file,rotating_file,timed_rotating_file,syslog,SMTP      <--- notice no 'NT'

Then give it another try. Something changed with the NT logging between Python 2.4 and Python 2.5.

-Seth