Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Deleting Local Copies

2008-11-28
2013-02-19
  • Hi

S3cmd is REALLY useful and many thanks for it.

One job I am using it for is for backup and syncing between multiple computers. I am having problems deleting local copies of files, however. When a file has been deleted from a bucket and I sync a computer to the bucket (using --delete-removed and -f) the output of s3cmd tells me that the relevant local files have been deleted to match the bucket, but the files have not actually been deleted.

If I am missing something simple I would appreciate a nudge in the right direction!

Thanks again.

• Michal Ludvig
      Michal Ludvig
      2008-11-29

Ah, my bad, the command for actually removing the files has been left commented out :-(

Please use the most recent SVN version (0.9.9-pre2+svn), the bug is fixed there.

• Michal, thank you for your speedy help! 

• Having tried 0.9.9-pre2+svn the files now delete; thank you. However, when syncing (downloading from the bucket) I get the following;

ERROR: (path/file): object_get() takes exactly 4 arguments (3 given)

...for each file and the files are empty. This is a pretty scary outcome!

• Michal Ludvig
        Michal Ludvig
        2008-11-30

Doh! That's the new code for download continuation. Apparently I haven't tested it with 'sync', only with 'get' :-(

It's fixed in SVN, please update your s3cmd copy.

Michal

• I've updated and all seems well. I've tested in Linux and OS X. Many thanks for your quick updates and help.