Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

No such fileor direcotry

2011-09-06
2013-02-19
  • I am finally trying to do a live upload with s3cmd sync and now I am getting the following error message:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                      
        An unexpected error has occurred.                                          
      Please report the following lines to:                                        
       s3tools-bugs@lists.sourceforge.net                                          

Problem: OSErr:  No such file or directory: './opt/backup/development.s
    msgroup.com/backintime/20110904-060001/backup/usr/share/icons/gnome/16x16/stock/
    net/stock_shared-to-me.png'                                                    
    S3cmd:   1.0.1                                                                 

Traceback (most recent call last):                                             
      File "/usr/bin/s3cmd", line 2006, in ?                                       
        main()                                                                     
      File "/usr/bin/s3cmd", line 1950, in main                                    
        cmd_func(args)                                                             
      File "/usr/bin/s3cmd", line 1211, in cmd_sync                                
        return cmd_sync_local2remote(args)                                         
      File "/usr/bin/s3cmd", line 1111, in cmd_sync_local2remote                   
        local_list, single_file_local = fetch_local_list(args, recursive = True
    )                                                                              
      File "/usr/bin/s3cmd", line 245, in fetch_local_list                         
        list_for_uri, single_file = _get_filelist_local(uri)                       
      File "/usr/bin/s3cmd", line 684, in _get_filelist_local                      
        sr = os.stat_result(os.lstat(full_name))                                   
    OSError:  No such file or directory: './opt/backup/development.smsgroup
    .com/backintime/20110904-060001/backup/usr/share/icons/gnome/16x16/stock/net/sto
    ck_shared-to-me.png'                                                           

An unexpected error has occurred.                                          
        Please report the above lines to:                                          
       s3tools-bugs@lists.sourceforge.net                                          

It is very possible that the file in question was create temporally and then removed from the directory later, while the system was gathering files.  This is one of the reasons that I excluded the /opt/backup directory.  Also that directory is one that I am using for my local backup and do not want to send it to Amazon.  I am not familiar with python, but it seems to me that the script should ignore a file that is no longer present, or at least give me a warning and continue on.  It should not crash when this happens.