Menu

Bot-invoker problem

Help
2007-04-20
2013-03-11
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I am trying to get the bot-invoker.sh script running to handle an email notification bot. This is under RunaWFE RC7 on FC6 and java 1.5.0_10-b03. I get the following error:

root@emporio adminkit]# ./bot-invoker.sh start
    : command not foundine 2:
    : command not foundine 4:
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
            at ru.runa.af.delegate.impl.CommonDelegate.<init>(CommonDelegate.java:38)
            at ru.runa.af.delegate.bot.impl.BotRemoteDelegate.<init>(BotRemoteDelegate.java:57)
            at ru.runa.af.delegate.bot.impl.BotInvokerServiceDelegateRemoteImpl.<init>(BotInvokerServiceDelegateRemoteImpl.java:44)
            at ru.runa.af.delegate.bot.impl.BotInvokerServiceDelegateRemoteImpl.main(BotInvokerServiceDelegateRemoteImpl.java:56)
    : numeric argument requiredxit: 1

The bot_delegate.properties file has this content:

ru.runa.bot.delegate.interface.type=Remote
    ru.runa.bot.delegate.remote.initial.context.factory=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
    ru.runa.bot.delegate.remote.provider.url.default=jnp://localhost:1099
    ru.runa.bot.delegate.remote.url.pkg.prefixes=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces

Any clues about what to do?

Thanks.

Miguel

• Andrei Mikheev

Andrei Mikheev - 2007-04-20

Hi Miguel,

Does the bot invoker start to work after this exception?

Regards,
      Andrei

• Nobody/Anonymous

Andrei,

No it does not apparently. I looked at the "ps" output but nothing resembling a bot invoker is active.

Miguel

• Andrei Mikheev

Andrei Mikheev - 2007-04-23

Hi Miguel,

To check if bots are started enter "bot-invoker status" command.

Regards,
      Andrei

• Nobody/Anonymous

Andrei;

I tried it with "bot-invoker status" but since it does not seem to run either I don't really know if the bot-invoker is running. This is what I get:

[root@emporio adminkit]# ./bot-invoker.sh status
      : command not foundine 2:
      : command not foundine 4:
      Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
              at ru.runa.af.delegate.impl.CommonDelegate.<init>(CommonDelegate.java:38)
              at ru.runa.af.delegate.bot.impl.BotRemoteDelegate.<init>(BotRemoteDelegate.java:57)
              at ru.runa.af.delegate.bot.impl.BotInvokerServiceDelegateRemoteImpl.<init>(BotInvokerServiceDelegateRemoteImpl.java:44)
              at ru.runa.af.delegate.bot.impl.BotInvokerServiceDelegateRemoteImpl.main(BotInvokerServiceDelegateRemoteImpl.java:56)
      : numeric argument requiredxit: 1

I suspect that it is not running.

Miguel

• Pashkov Alexander

Hello, Miguel.

The problem is that java can not load a class defined in commons-logging.jar. This indicates a problem with CLASSPATH environmental variable. But the variable is set directly in the bot-invoker.sh script.

The simpliest explanation of the phenomena could be that your command interpreter can not handle windows-style end-of-line characters. I suggest you to inspect the script with text editor and fix out those end-of-lines if necessary.

Regards,
      Pashkov Alexander

• Nobody/Anonymous

Alexander;

Yes, that was the problem. Actually I discovered this some time ago and cleaned un the line endings but it looks like the blank line (at least to me it looked blank) between the classpath definition and the command was interfering. So now it runs fine:

root@emporio adminkit]# ./bot-invoker2.sh start
      19:24:57,057 INFO  [BotInvokerServiceBean] Starting periodic bot execution...
      19:24:57,078 INFO  [BotInvokerFactory] Invocation period was set to 30 sec.
      bots pereodic invocation started
      [root@emporio adminkit]# 19:24:57,197 INFO  [AuthenticationLogic] server succesfully authenticated
      19:24:57,201 INFO  [WorkflowBotConfigurationParser] Bot class: ru.runa.wf.logic.bot.WorkflowMultitaskBot
        subject: Subject:
              Principal: ActorPrincipal:  ru.runa.af.Executor:server
      successfully loged in as server
      19:24:57,444 INFO  [WorkflowBotConfigurationParser] Added bot class: ru.runa.wf.logic.bot.WorkflowMultitaskBot
        subject: Subject:
              Principal: ActorPrincipal:  ru.runa.af.Executor:server
      with 1 tasks

Miguel