license question

strinchero
2007-01-26
2013-04-15
  • strinchero
    strinchero
    2007-01-26

Hi,
    we are planning to use JRubik integrated into our application (commercial application, not opensource), as a data analysis frontend.
    On the project page, it's declared as CPL (wich, as far as i know, is compatible with our intended usage), but the license on the workbench.core plugin is GPL, wich is not compatible with commercial distribution, and neither with the CPL.
    I'm wrong on this ? wich is the right license for jrubik, and is it compatbile with integration into a commercial application ?

• I'm in the very same situation as you are. It would be nice to have some feedback from a developer, to be sure it's possible to integrate the JRubik into a commercial application.
      The integration level we want involves stripping down a few parts of JRubik, and this involves changing the source code...
      Is it possible to do this with JRubik and a commercial application without restricting the license of the commercial application ?

Great tool, the JRubik :)

--
      Thank you in advance.
      Eduardo Andrade

• Nicolas Soyeur
      Nicolas Soyeur
      2009-04-06

Hello Eduardo and strinchero.

I am too in the same situation.
      But I just want to know like strinchero, if it's possible to integrate JRubik in a commerciale application?

And where can I find under which licence JRubik it's available? because I haven't find the term about the licence in the documentation.

Thank you in advance.

Nicolas.

• Hi,
        I believe JRubik uses CPL 1.0.

Check the plugins folders on a JRubik-src distribution and google for some legal info about the license.

Cheers,
        Eduardo Andrade

• Nicolas Soyeur
      Nicolas Soyeur
      2009-04-06

thank you for answering so quickly.

I will go search this.

Nicolas.