RText is a customizable programmer's text editor written in Java. Some of its features include: syntax highlighting, editing multiple documents at once, printing and print preview, find/replace/find in files dialogs, undo/redo, and online help.
Here's what's new in 1.2:
1. Code completion support (Ctrl+C) for C, HTML, Java, Perl, PHP, and shell
2. Format HTML and XML files via JTidy.
3. Option to ignore ".bak", ".old" and ".orig" extension when opening files.
4. Added ActionScript syntax highlighting.
5. Groovy syntax highlighting improvements.
6. Translucent child window support (requires Java 6u10+).
7. Tons of smaller improvements for an overall better experience.