RText is a customizable programmer's text editor written in Java. Some of its features include: syntax highlighting, editing multiple documents at once, printing and print preview, find/replace/find in files dialogs, undo/redo, and online help.
Here's what's new in 0.9.9.8:
1. Added bookmarking support. This is configurable in
the new "Gutter" panel in the Options dialog.
2. Added "Mark Occurrences" support. This can be
configured in the Options dialog, under
"Text Editor" -> "Caret and Selection".
3. Added PHP syntax highlighting (including source browser).
4. Source Browser can now use regular ctags as well as
5. A middle mouse button click now closes a tab.
6. Added "thick vertical line" caret, similar to that seen
in Eclipse and NetBeans.
7. Improved size grip on main window and Find in Files
8. Minor bug fixes.
9. Updated French, Russian and Italian translations.