RText is a customizable programmer's text editor written in Java. Some of its features include: syntax highlighting, editing multiple documents at once, printing and print preview, find/replace/find in files dialogs, undo/redo, and online help.
Here's what's new:
1. Added "Open Remote" and "Save Remote" options to load and save remote
files via ftp or http (Feature Request 1210965).
2. The file chooser's filename text field tries to be even friendlier and
pre-fills in the next matching filename when possible, similar to Microsoft
Office. This can be toggled on or off in the Options dialog.
3. Some languages now recognize hyperlinks in comments. These hyperlinks
are clickable (Ctrl+click) and open the link in the system default web
browser (requires Java 6). This behavior is configurable in the Options
4. Changing the encoding or line separator of a file via the "Document
Properties" dialog now marks the file as dirty.
5. The Windows version now sends files to the Recycle Bin when you delete
them from the file chooser.
6. Added Makefile language support (highlighting and source browser).
7. Added Ruby language support (highlighting and source browser).
8. Made file opening slightly more efficient.
9. Fixid bug 2315788: Replace dialog didn't like empty "Replace with" strings.
10. Added "Open in new window" option to File System Tree's popup menu.
11. "Save a Copy As Web Page..." now passes XHTML 1.0 Strict validation.
12. Fixed RTL issues when running in Arabic locale (tables, plugin trees).
13. Updated translations: Arabic (thanks Linostar), Chinese (SunYi),
Hungarian (Flatron), Russian (Vladimir), Spanish (Rafael), Turkish (Burak).