RText is a customizable programmer's text editor written in Java. Some of its features include: syntax highlighting, editing multiple documents at once, printing and print preview, find/replace/find in files dialogs, undo/redo, and online help.
Here's what's new in 0.9.9.6:
1. Fixed a bug in RTF copy/paste.
2. Separated RSyntaxTextArea into its own project. Check out
http://fifesoft.com/rsyntaxtextarea for more information.
3. Fixed bug 2056201: Plugins menu wasn't populated on OS X.
4. When doing a find or replace with regular expressions enabled, regex
errors are now identified on the fly, highlighted in red, and a tooltip
displays the exact error.
5. Improved XML syntax highlighting. Multiline attributes and single-quoted
attributes are now supported, and entity references are better recognized.
6. Slightly improved startup time.
7. A few small bug fixes.
8. Updated French and German translations (thanks Pivwan and Pete).