RText is a customizable programmer's text editor written in Java. Some of its features include: syntax highlighting, editing multiple documents at once, printing and print preview, find/replace/find in files dialogs, undo/redo, and online help.
Here's what's new in this release:
1. You can now set the default encoding for new documents from the Options dialog.
2. You can also now configure RText to warn you before opening files larger than an arbitrary size. This can come in handy because, unfrtunately, most JVMs' default maximum heap sizes are too small for editing large text files. So, for example, you could configure RText to warn you before opening files larger than 20MB if you're opening log files of arbitrary size to keep from accidentally opening the 200MB one. By default this option is off.
3. Made the "Printing" panel of the options dialog look a little nicer.
4. Made HTML files created via "Save a Copy as HTML" more compact.
5. Cleaned up the localization code a little.
6. Fixed bug when selecting the "Find" text from combo box's history in Find in Files dialog.
7. Updated to OfficeLnFs 2.1.