RText is a customizable programmer's text editor written in Java. Some of its features include: syntax highlighting, editing multiple documents at once, printing and print preview, find/replace/find in files dialogs, undo/redo, and online help.
Here's what's new in version 0.9.0.3:
1. Added SQL syntax highlighting.
2. Added Indonesian translation (thanks Andi!), although you cannot actually use it as Sun's JRE doesn't support Indonesian.
3. Added the beginnings of the Simplified Chinese translation (thanks Ming!). ???
4. Added Dutch translation (thanks Martin!).
5. Made it easy to configure what languages are displayed as selectable in the "Language" panel of the Options dialog. This is now done via an XML file. This makes it easier for people translating RText into new languages to test their localizations before submitting them.
6. Isolated a bug in the Windows 1.4.2_06 JRE that made RText's custom file chooser not instantiate; this further caused the Options dialog to not be viewable. This behavior was not seen in J2SE 1.5.0 Update 1. In any case, a workaround is now in place.
7. Fixed bug: When the Java icon set was enabled, trying to bring up the Help dialog threw Exceptions that kept it from coming up.
8. Fixed bug: Opening a file when word wrap was enabled caused RText to hang!
9. Fixed a couple of bugs in the OfficeXP and Office2003 Look and Feels that didn't show themselves in RText, but may have in the future.
10. The Help dialog API now supports hyperlinks containing anchors.