RssOwl 1.x data

• Hi !

I am having major problem with db4o database in version 2.x so I decided to see if this is any different in 1.x. It seems that overall structure of files is different, but now I can't find data from my feeds... Where is data stored? Does any version of RssOwl exists that uses normal jdbc database?

Thanks for all answers.

• Hi !

Problem is that my machine is crashing very regulary and this means problems... I have "same" application with same feeds on two different computers, so I can recover from one to another, but it takes time... and if I happen to not notice then I miss entries...

I would advise you to use Hibernate. It works similar to your system, so it shouldn't be to much work. And then user could use any external database (ok almost any) he/she wants. Think about it.

P.S.: I would be willing to help out with this in my spare time (which I am afraid is quite scarce).

• For recovering from DB problems, please see

• We look for a small and lightweight solution. Hibernate is not falling into this category :). We are working on it, stay tuned.

• What kind of problems? Note that RSSOwl 1.x and 2.x are not compatible. You can not use the profile in both. Try exporting your feeds as OPML file to use it between the two versions. We try to make RSSOwl 2 better in terms of the DB and consider looking for an alternative solution than db4o.

• Ok. Then I will have to find some other application. I am looking for something robust and working... Hibernate has many problems, but at least it doesn't crash application database.