HTTP authentication fails behind proxy

Help
2007-07-17
2012-08-29
  • I've read the entire forum and couldn't find an answer to my problem. I'm using RSSOwl/1.2.3 Preview Release 2007-04-15, I'm sitting behind a proxy, I can retrieve only public feeds but not the ones that require authentication. When I enter a URL into the Quickview address bar, I get an error message:

Authentication to access the Newsfeed is required.
    HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized

And If I add the feed I get a "connection failed" message.

Any ideas? Many thanks.

F.

• Yes ben, if you need the debug logs let me know and I'll send it to you by mail. HTTP Auth behind proxy works fine in version 2, but not in version 1.x. I've tested it with different xml feeds, from different sources.

• Yep, it's not working on versions 1.2.3 and 1.2.4. You can't read a feed that requires HTTP Authentication if you are behind a proxy. The reason why I know this is a bug is because in the other 6 rss readers the it worked fine, including rssowl 2.0.

Cheers

• Its working in rssowl2 but not in rssowl1? That would be an interesting detail. Maybe I can use the code from rssowl2 to fix this issue, which imho is pretty long outstanding.

• Is there any way I can get around this? I need to user version 1.2.4 because of the "export to pdf" feature.