RSSowl crashes by opening too many browser tabs...

Help
Alec
2012-11-04
2012-11-05
  • Alec
    Alec
    2012-11-04

I downloaded RSSowl a few days ago, absolutely love it. Unfortunately it's developed a problem I can't get around:

When I start the program, it starts opening browser (Chrome) tabs - I think it's trying to open one for every feed. This brings up so many alerts telling me to change to a different browser that the program freezes. I can't keep the program working long enough to change any settings, and when I try to uninstall and reinstall, it somehow saves the old settings and the problem occurs on first start-up. I'm in OS X 10.6.8 by the way.

It seems to have started soon after changing to Chrome as the default browser. Wondering if I can either:
    1. Change the settings manually before opening the program (modify the config file or preferences file or something...?) so it's not trying to open Chrome.
    2. Fully delete the old preferences so I can reinstall with default settings.

Thanks so much for any suggestions!

Alec

• genodeftest
    genodeftest
    2012-11-05

Hi
    I don't use RSSOwl on Mac, so I can't help you with your (strange) browser-related problem. But if you want to delete RSSOwl's setting to "reset" RSSOwl, delete the folder <home.dir>/.rssowl2/ (maybe hidden). If you want to restore your feeds you should consider saving the files backup.opml and backup_weekly.opml before deleting this folder. They can be imported to RSSOwl from 'File | Import" and you can restore all your feeds (not the state of the news items though).