user.xml blown away

Help
2005-07-11
2012-08-29
  • Today I started my machine up and RSSOwl dutifully ran from the startup folder. However, it started up with a blank slate. My user.xml is totally empty of anything except empty tags. What could have happened that RSSOwl would wipe out my user.xml file like that? I'm going to start rebuilding my feeds, but if there's someplace RSSOwl might have backed up my user.xml file to before wiping it out, I'd appreciate knowing where that might be. I guess I should probably clean out my unused feeds anyway. :)

--Erik

• The very same happened to me, two times in a week. Using v1.1.2 on Win XP SP2, maybe thew problem lies in RSSOwl being terminated during normal system shutdown?

Thanx and bye

• So please help me getting this known issue to solve, I still do not know what the problem is about:

• Do you exit RSSOwl or does the OS terminate it on Shutdown?

• Do you have any other encoding defined in Preferences than UTF-8?

• Is RSSOwl set to English and Favorites names are English too?

• Check the ".rssowl" folder in "C:/Documents and Settings/your.name/.rssowl" for the "logs" folder and please sent any logfile to my mail adress.

• Is this somehow reproducable? If yes, this would rock and help a lot!!

Ben