Not downloading posts more than 2 days from last sync

Help
David
2014-03-13
2014-04-10
  • David
    David
    2014-03-13

Rather new to RSSOWL however think it is a fantastic program. I have an issue though, I don't understand what may be the problem. I have changed my settings so all read is never deleted and 999999 worth items are kept (I don't want to miss anything from my feeds).

Last time I synced was on the 6th of March. I was away for a number of days, returned, switch on RSSOWL and hit the "Update All", but it appears it only downloaded the last 48 hours worth of feed items. Sorting by date, I have a huge gap in all my feeds, it jumps from 6/3/2014 to items posted 12/3/2014...and nothing inbetween. Any ideas?

• psebcool
    psebcool
    2014-03-18

Same problem !

Rssowl doesn't update posts since few days...

Broken ?

• jj99
    jj99
    2014-04-10

I've noticed the timing on news items on some feeds are server-side managed. For example, I have a USGS Significant Earthquakes feed (http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/feed/v1.0/summary/significant_week.atom ) that gets REALLY screwy with the timing of the latest news items after a major quake because the admins routinely go in and modify the news items and reclassify quakes all the time after the initial automated alert. I've seen it on youtube feeds too -- if the author goes back and makes changes to one of his/her videos, RSSOwl will come back to you saying that it's now a "new" item to be read.

This might be happening with the feed you're currently subscribed to. The program is designed to give you the latest news items sequentially, but the "sequential" nature of the news (and their timings) can be overwritten by the feed admin.