Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Installation Error Message?

Help
2006-07-05
2012-08-29
  • I just installed RSSOwl, and when I tried to open it for the first time, I got the message "RSSOwl Java Launcher: Could not launch RSSOwl. Please refer to INSTALL.txt."

What the heck did I do wrong?!

• I am having this problem too.
      And i not have the Java installed...

• You need Java to run RSSOwl.

Ben

• Thanks a lot Ben. I had a problem with a Java program i was writing earlier in the year and i went to messing with the JAVA_HOME system variable and did not think to put it back the way it was before. That solved the problem. Thanks again,

Justin

• Do you have Java installed?

Ben

• I think so...

• What happens when you run "java" from the command line?

Ben

• I have this error too. I have java 1.5.0_07 installed. RSSOwl was working for several weeks as 1.2.1. Then one day I could not launch it directly from the executable. I wrote a batch file that will launch it using java but it opens a command prompt in windows and it is very annoying as it can't go away or the program will exit. I upgraded to 1.2.2 today but I still get the error.

Justin

• Please check that you have an environment-variable set JAVA_HOME pointing to your Java-Directory.

Ben