Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

2m5 Keyboard navigation

Help
2007-06-12
2012-08-29
  • I want to say that I love RssOwl 2. I've been a long time user of FeedDemon - not the last of the Rss readers - but I should say that ver.2 of the owl is amazing.

I just have some difficulties with keyboard navigation.

For example, I've not been able to find a way to switch the focus the browser.
    Or, when I maximize the active view with Ctrl+M I'm not able to restore the normal view without circling through the feed selection again.
    Btw, is it possible to avoid to load again the page when maximizing the view and just use the cached one? It slows down things a bit..

Anyway, thanks for this great app!

• All the congratulations are widely deserved :)

About the focus to the browser.. I directly display the link when I clik a news. So, if the focus is in the headlines pane and the news is longer than the part displayed I need to shift the focus to the browser and use the space bar.

I tried the TAB but it circles first through the browser commands (back, forward, etc..) then between the links of the page.

My solution is to to keep the focus in the browser and use Ctrl + Space to browse the headlines but it would seem better to me to have the other choice too. Best of all would be to keep the focus in the headline pane and shift the focus to the browser when hitting the Space bar.

Ctrl+M is for "Maximize Active View or Editor" (Toggles maximize/restore state of active view or editor)
      In the Default set of keyboard shorcut is binded by default to Ctrl+M.
      I've set it the same in the RssOwl set.
      BTW, what's the difference between the two set (and the Emacs one)?

It works as "Hide Headlines" and displays all the web page. When I hit Ctrl+M, the web page is maximized (keeping the bookmarks displayed) and reloaded.

Wow! That's it! Sorry for the length, hope I've not forgot anything :)

• Thanks for the details. I see several issues here. Please open bug reports for anything you think is a bug or feature requests at dev.rssowl.org. We can then go into more detail. Please make sure to explain the problem in detail and provide "steps to reproduce" (e.g. 1. click here 2. click here to see the bug).

Ben

• > I want to say that I love RssOwl 2. I've been a long time user of FeedDemon - not the last of the Rss readers - but I should > say that ver.2 of the owl is amazing.

Thanks!

> I just have some difficulties with keyboard navigation.

> For example, I've not been able to find a way to switch the focus the browser.

You should be able to press TAB to give the browser focus. Btw why do you need that?

> Or, when I maximize the active view with Ctrl+M I'm not able to restore the normal view without circling through the feed > > > selection again.

Whats the exact name of this command. Did you set Ctrl+M to be used or did it so by default?

> Btw, is it possible to avoid to load again the page when maximizing the view and just use the cached one? It slows down
      > things a bit..

That shouldnt happen. You are not talking about "Hide Headlines" right?