Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Can't filter based on percentage sign

Help
2012-11-12
2012-11-16
  • I want to mark all posts not containing a percentage sign in the title as read. RssOWL (Lucene?) seems to treat this as a wildcard. I've tried a lot ow workarounds: escaping with \ and /, single and double quotes, unicode (/u0025, /u+0025), with wildcard , and all (?) combinations of the above. What is strange is that Lucene hits everything* on all combinations except the unicode ones. Is there no way to filter on this?

The rss in question is Steam, BTW (http://store.steampowered.com/feeds/news.xml), they have ~15 uninteresting news daily about updates to games I don't have, and a few deals weekly in which I am interested. "Deal" as a keyword is an alternative, but it misses quite a few.

• Xurxo Fresco
    Xurxo Fresco
    2012-11-15

The same applies to "#" char, useful for searching news about programming languages like C#, R#...

Last edit: Xurxo Fresco 2012-11-16
  • genodeftest
    genodeftest
    2012-11-16

Hi
    To speed up the internal search RSSOwl ignores some very common words and most (all?) special characters.