Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

BlogLines Integration

Help
2005-04-10
2012-08-29
  • B Vaidyanathan
    B Vaidyanathan
    2005-04-10

How do I use the "Syncronized Blogrolls" feature? I want to sync with my BlogLines a/c. But am not sure what exactly is the URL that I need to place in the URL text box.

Can somebody please help?

Thanks

• You have to place in a URL that points to a blogroll (OPML listing newsfeeds).

Ben

• B Vaidyanathan
        B Vaidyanathan
        2005-04-10

Thanks Ben.

But, correct me if I'm wrong, Bloglines does not seem to provide an OPML feed.

Am I expected to export my BlogRoll to an OPML file and then point to that from within Owl? If so, how does the automatic synchronization work?

• Sure it does, see http://www.bloglines.com/help/share

RSSOwl is updating the list of favorites from the Blogroll file. When the Blogroll changes, next time RSSOwl is synchronizing, you will see the updated list of favorites.

Ben

• B Vaidyanathan
            B Vaidyanathan
            2005-04-10

Hi Ben,

I tried that already. It doesn't work. For example, I have my public blogroll at http://www.bloglines.com/public/vaidyatcr

But Owl does not recognize it. I get the error : "Error on line 6: The element type "link" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</link>".

I think this is because the feed is not OPML.

• B Vaidyanathan
      B Vaidyanathan
      2005-04-10

In addition to my previous post, what I really meant to ask was if Owl currently uses the web services API to talk to BlogLines. (Sorry, but haven't been through the code yet).

Is that's not the case, then I would like to volunteer to add this feature.

• No, the webservice API is not integrated into RSSOwl.

Please tell about it. What would be the advantages and how does it work?

Ben