Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

how to convert rssowl.db to other data base like sql?

uner
2014-08-19
2014-08-26
  • uner
    uner
    2014-08-19

I am using Rssowl for about 1 month
    five days ago suddenly it broked and didn't work anymore
    i think it was because amount of database and when i cut old rss.db and runed program again it worked as good as old time
    my question is:
    can i convert old *.db file to another format?
    because it contains of a lot info and i really need it
    or any other solution to use it?

• sg2002
    sg2002
    2014-08-20

Hello.

RssOwl uses object-oriented db4o database. This means you have to use java if you want to move data from it to somewhere else. To move to sql you have to write a script yourself.

Check the stuff in [FAQ]http://www.rssowl.org/help#item_6) first. If this does not help and your database is very large, you can try running 64 bit rssowl.

• uner
    uner
    2014-08-21

hi
    thanks for ur answer but
    1-I don't know how to write a script
    2- FAQ -6 dosent work and problem exist yet
    3- I downloaded latest version 2.2.1 and still problem occurs

if its possible I can send u error report

thanks for ur response

• sg2002
    sg2002
    2014-08-22

Yeah, error log would be nice.

Also, are you sure that your problem repeats with backups? What os do you use? How large is your db?

• uner
    uner
    2014-08-22

yeah. problem repeats with backups, i think because i had to cut old db and now its working with new db
    i use win7
    my db is 1.5g
    i attached error report

Attachments
  • sg2002
    sg2002
    2014-08-26

I mean have you tried putting backup db's instead of the old db? You db folder should have a couple of db backups. Just rename them.

1.5 g is large enough to have problems... If you have a 64-bit machine and OS, you can try running 64-bit RSSOwl. I've posted my build here.