The GUI of rssowl : which library ?

2005-11-08
2012-08-29
  • Hi,
    It seems that RSSowl use Swing for the GUI (the previous version said it in a little windows). But I don't know the difference between Swing, AWT, SWT, SwingWT ?
    To obtain the same style like RSSowl gui, which Java library use for a open project about tree-editing with most possibilities (like KeyNote if you see what is it) ? Thus, the polices must be pretty on screen, not like Jedit or Jext.
    a+
    Particulinux

• As you see in the date, the "last" message was posted at 03:18 and the previous at 03:23. The previous message was that one I understand finally, and it's the same as you. I'll begin to read the documentation about Eclipse and SWT. Sorry for my confusion.

Thank you,
      Particulinux

• RSSOwl is using SWT for the GUI, which is a wrapper API to display native widgets inside the java application.

Find out more at www.eclipse.org/swt

Ben

• Hi,

Thank you. I went at this URL and saw this among a lot of documents : "SWT is the software component that delivers native widget functionality for the Eclipse platform in an operating system independent manner. It is analogous to AWT/Swing in Java with a difference - SWT uses native widgets. " (http://eclipse.org/articles/Article-SWT-Design-1/SWT-Design-1.html, see at the top, in summary)

If I use SWT with Eclipse, be-that I will have the same result as with RSSowl (AWT/Swing in Java) ? But I know that RSSowl made with Eclipse. I did not understand anything or I see the light in the dark ?
      a+
      Particulinux

• Dont understand your question, sorry. RSSOwl is not Swing/AWT.

Ben

• add-on : when I read that Rssowl have been made with Swing (a message display in the previous version), in fact, RSSowl have been made with SWT-Eclipse, and not with AWT/Swing. It's that true ?