How many headlines per feed?

2006-11-02
2012-08-29
  • Hi, I just started using RSSOWL and I really like it. However I do subscribe to numerous feeds; and some websites --by default-- will give me even two months of feeds that they have archived. In some cases I'm getting more than 300 headlines per feed; or, 3 months of stuffs.

I think it would be good if RSSOWL could include feed retention or deletion/purging for each feed properties. Then, each user would have the option(s) of how many headlines to display. Today? Two days? One week? Two weeks? A month? All? Even if it's 565 items.

Or, RSSOWL could use numbers -- that would overide dates. So would I want to display only 50 items? 100? 200? 400? Or, all? Even if it's 419 items. Then it wouldn't even matter if a feed has all read items; or unread items; or both read and unread. As long as I have the option of using dates/days and, or numbers as part of my [customize] feed properties.

Jamie

• Hi, I just started using RSSOWL and I really like it. However I do subscribe to numerous feeds; and some websites --by default-- will give me even two months of feeds that they have archived. In some cases I'm getting more than 300 headlines per feed; or, 3 months of stuffs.

I think it would be good if RSSOWL could include feed retention or deletion/purging for each feed properties. Then, each user would have the option(s) of how many headlines to display. Today? Two days? One week? Two weeks? A month? All? Even if it's 565 items.

Or, RSSOWL could use numbers -- that would overide dates. So would I want to display only 50 items? 100? 200? 400? Or, all? Even if it's 419 items. Then it wouldn't even matter if a feed has all read items; or unread items; or both read and unread. As long as I have the option of using dates/days and, or numbers as part of my [customize] feed properties.

Jamie