Layout

2013-03-22
2013-05-30
  • Bruce Plummer
    Bruce Plummer
    2013-03-22

Still got the same result;news feed at top and feeds below. I'm trying to read in a horizontal layout with feed on the left and the specific feeds on the right side of the screen.

How do I reconfigure Owl to have two columns: news feed on the left hand side and the specific feeds on the right hand side of the screen. The present layout has the news feed on the top and all feeds below making it cumbersome to scroll/review unread feeds.

Link

Benjamin Pasero
    2 days ago
    What about View > Layout > Wide screen?

• I have attached how it looks like in wide screen mode, how is this different from what you want?

Attachments
  • Michael Tingey
    Michael Tingey
    2013-05-22

I'm seeing the same thing, feeds list on top frame, bottom frame using widescreen has 2 parts, list of articles on left, article selected on right.

If I launch a new window I get the 3 column layout that I had when I first installed (and as attached in previous post).

Any hints on how to reset this?

p.s. This happened after I added another Feed Set and then removed it.

p.p.s Using:
    RSSOwl
    Version: 2.2.0
    Build Id: 2013-05-03

Last edit: Michael Tingey 2013-05-22
  • genodeftest
    genodeftest
    2013-05-25

Hi
    try starting RSSOwl with the -clean parameter. You could also try to reindex the database following some of the steps described in http://www.rssowl.org/help#item_6

• Michael Tingey
    Michael Tingey
    2013-05-27

I tried the -clean and the splash appeared for a short time then disappeared and RSSOwl didn't start. Did this multiple times with the same result. I started to follow the help#item_6 and couldn't copy the .db file as it said some process had a lock. I couldn't find any process running but finally realized there was a .lock file which I couldn't delete either (some process had a lock). I rebooted and that cleaned up the .lock file so now I could start RSSOwl again. I ran again with -clean and the previous backup file but no change. I ran again with the vmargs recommended in item#6 but no change in the layout. I then started to play around by closing the RSS feed that was in the lower frame. I then dragged the Feed Set tab down to the lower frame which didn't do much except make the upper frame smaller. I then dragged it again to the lower frame and was able to get it to place as a left hand frame! So I'm back to my original layout, Feeds in the left frame and selected Feed to the right with upper & lower frames (one for list of topics, one for the actual topic selected).

Thanks for the recommendations but it looks as if this must be an operator error!

• Michael Tingey
    Michael Tingey
    2013-05-30

A little irony here, I added the RSS link to RSSOwl for this thread but never got any updates :-(