2013-01-08
2013-01-23
  • Dmytro
    Dmytro
    2013-01-08

Hi.
    I use Rss Owl for more than year.
    I have about 20 feeds.
    Often I use only one feed and mark articles as read/unread, starred/unstarred.

A couple days ago I've noticed that number of my unread articles reduced from about 40 to 20.
    I've realized that I do not read them and do not mark them as read.
    So I've marked them unread again. After some time I've updated feed and found that they marked as read again.

I do some 'tests' and now the situation is following:
    I can mark/unmark only some last articles and this operation reflected in GR (if I mark/unmark article the same happens in GR)
    All other read articles are not affected in GR at all and do not change their status of read/unread, starred/unstarred.

Any ideas?

P.s. I do not use GR for reading at all, only Rss Owl (2.1.6).

Last edit: Dmytro 2013-01-08
  • genodeftest
    genodeftest
    2013-01-09

Hi
    can you please try the cleanup wizard from tools | clean-up? Does this fix your problem?

• Dmytro
    Dmytro
    2013-01-10

Hi
    I do cleanup each 2-3 days and it do not fix my problem.
    Other thing that stops me from setting up Rss Owl from scratch - I have a lot of sticked articles and do not want to lose them after setting all up from scratch.

Maybe there is another way how to store my useful staff? E.g. archive and bins.
    I do not use archive and bins because I do not know how it affect my sync and how it will store my read, sticked articles.

Thanks.

• genodeftest
    genodeftest
    2013-01-12

There is another way. Someone recently posted a tool in this forum which clones the database contents into a new database. It should work for you too.

• Dmytro
    Dmytro
    2013-01-15

Thanks, I'll try it in a couple of days.

Also I've noticed that if I read only new articles and do not touch old - the count of unread articles will decrease from time to time.

E.g. I have 20 unread old articles inside some feed. All new articles I'll mark as read except those old. After week or so (I'm not sure about this period, but still) I'll get about 16-17 unread articles and so on. Now I have 13 unread articles instead of about 30.

Really strange behavior. Any ideas?

• Dmytro
    Dmytro
    2013-01-23

Hi!
    I've tried sg2002's tool.
    Yes, it works fine but this tool do not move sticked news -this is unacceptable for me.
    The problem from previous post seems exist even in new installation.
    I'll check it and let you know about results.